You know you need video on your website, right? You know “everybody” watches videos online, right? You know that having videos can improve your credibility with your clients and improve sales and all that great stuff, right?
So what do I have to say to convince you that investing your time and money into video is an important strategy for your internet marketing strategy? Maybe these important statistics presented by WebRocket Video will convince you…
Read our interview with WebRocket Video here.
Compelling reasons Video is important for your business or organization
- According to Internet Retailer, 52% of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in their online purchase decisions. When a video is information-intensive, 66% of consumers will watch the video two or more times. (Internet Retailer, 2012)
- Visitors who view product videos are 85% more likely to buy
- According to Website Magazine, video is a driver of consumer confidence. Consumers are willing to watch videos 60% of the time they are found, and 52% of consumers report that they are less likely to return a product after viewing a video. (Website Magazine, 2012)
- More than three out of five consumers will spend at least two minutes watching a video that educates them about a product they plan to purchase, and 37% will watch three for more than three minutes. (MarketingCharts.com, 2012)
- Video results appear in about 70% of the top 100 listings, the type of content most often displayed in universal or blended search results. (Marketingweek, 2011)
- Pages with video attracted 2-3x as many monthly visitors, doubled time on site, and achieved a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines. (MarketingSherpa, December 2011)
- Online video now accounts for 50% of all mobile traffic and up to 69% of traffic on certain networks. (Bytemobile Mobile Analytics Report, 2012)
- Smartphone users are increasingly consuming product video as part of their multichannel shopping experience, with 49% of smartphone owners watching at least one product video during a three-month period. (E-Commerce Times, 2012)
- 76% of marketers plan to add video to their sites, making it a higher priority than Facebook, Twitter, and blog integration. (Social Media Examiner, April 2012)
- Video and other multi-media product viewing options were rated more effective than any other site initiatives in an Adobe survey of almost 2,000 interactive marketers. (Adobe, May 2011)
- Online video viewers will reach 169.3 million in 2012.
- 53.5% of the population and 70.8% of internet users (up 7.1% from 2011) will watch online video in 2012.
- Mobile video viewers will reach 54.6 million in 2012.